Get the equipment ready before shooting:
- Fully charge the Asteroom rotator and your phone. A low battery can result in errors leading to a reshoot.
- Fully extend the three legs of the Asteroom tripod so the height is the standard 52”.
- If you aren’t using the Asteroom Tripod please ensure you measure the height front the ground to the middle of the camera lens and input this when transferring.
- Clean both the Asteroom fisheye lens and your camera phone lens using a microfiber cloth to prevent scratching the lens.
Things you must follow while shooting
- Put the camera in the center of the space when shooting inside locations.
- Measure and remember the lens height (from the center of the fisheye lens to the ground)
- The camera lens height should be 50"~60".
- Keep the height consistent for every shot both inside and outside
- Make sure your camera is level for every single shot including outside
- Name and save every panorama shot
Street view of the subject property:
- One panoramic shot right outside of the subject property.
- Move along the street to take another 2 shots surrounding the property
Exterior view of the house:
- Take one shot for every face of the subject property to help appraisers "walk around" and inspect the exterior.
- For example, if it's a rectangular property, take 4 shots. If it's an L shape, take 5-6.
Interior view of the house:
- Open all room doors including closets and bathrooms
- Open blinds and curtains and turn on all lights.
- Shoot all accessible rooms and spaces inside.
- Don't forget walk-in closets and bathrooms.
- Take more shots if the room is a larger space or has large furniture there.
Transfer the tour
- Name all rooms and spaces, and check and save all panoramas.
- Upload and create a tour in the Asteroom app.
- Name the tour with the address and transfer it to email@example.com
- Enter the lens height from the floor to the center of the fisheye lens